751) Vijnaatri विज्ञार्त्री - The Perceiver, the Knower. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र , नाम क्रमांक 651
752) Vijnaana-kalanaa विज्ञानकलना - Causer of perception.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 902
753) Vijnaana-ghana-roopini विज्ञानघनरूपिणी - One essence of consciousness or chaitanya. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 253
754) Vidagdhaa विदग्धा - Artful in the art of ameliorating the devotees as also sporting with them.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 904
755) Vidyaa विद्या - Allied name. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 549
The Supreme art consisting of sacred knowledge and action, which by discrimination of the creations of Maayaa leads to wisdom and salvation, is Vidyaa.
756) Vidyaavidyaarupini विद्याविद्यारूपिणी- In the form of knowledge and ignorance. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 402
"One who knows both knowledge and ignorance, crosses over death, by knowing and eliminating ignorance and attains immortality, by attaining and achieving fruits of knowledge."
One must have both negative and positive knowledge and resort to both types of corresponding remedies. The two kinds of knowledge are, one about self-realization and the other about how the delusions and obstructions arise.
Vidyaa and Avidyaa are two forms of Mother, by one men are freed , by the other they are bound.
Mother has three forms, Bhraanti भ्रांती, Vidyaa विद्या and Paraaपरा . The confused knowledge of different objects almost of a delusive nature, is called Bhraanti भ्रांती.
Knowledge concerning self and Brahman without ambiguity, are called Vidyaa विद्या and Paraa परा respectively.
757) Vidrumaabhaa विद्रुमाभा -Of the coral colour. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 891
Vidruma विद्रुम also means tree of knowledge. VI वि means knowledge and DRUMA द्रुम means tree.Also VI वि means great and VIDRUMA विद्रुम means the most fruit giving tree and Mother is such.
Regarding benevolence and living the life of sacrifice for others the following are generally quoted
Trees, rains, saints and rivers are benefactory. Trees suffer under the Sun, rain, atmosphere tempests, solitude, no sitting posture etc. and give other their sweetest fruits to all with same cheerfulness and blessings, whether one prays for the fruits under its shades or hit the tree with stones.
758) Vidhaatri विधात्री- The ordainer of one's fate. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 337
It is stated, on the sixth day after a child is born, this Vidhaatri settles up the main issues of the life and living of the child.What befalls everyone is outside one's control is, what is ordained by Vidhaatri. The above function is Her function, as a routine one , but Mother is prayed as Vidhaatri, because She often makes exceptions and exempts Her devotees from routine operations of the Karmik Law, whenever She desires.
759)Vindhyachalvaasini विन्ध्याचलनिवासिनी - Residing in the midst of mountain.(Similar to above). ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 336
Considering the geographical situation of Himalaya and Vindhya, we may take the two Vaasinis(Residents of), to mean highest head energy and highest heart energy. This view gets support, because Vindhyavaasini is again described as Nanda- Gopa-Grihe-Jaataa. Born in the house of Nanda, i.e., the energy of Blessed Lord Krishna, who was the master of the hearts of the whole universe.
760) Vipra-priyaa विप्रप्रिया - Vipra is one who has the ancestral heritage of religious instruction and conduct who has purified himself and who has scriptural knowledge ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 887
Such a one is very dear to Mother.
761) Vipra-roopaa विप्ररूपा - Such a Vipra should be revered, protected, helped and maintained by worldly householders , with the understanding, that all sacrifices done for him are as it were for Mother Herself, i.e., as if Mother is being helped through the vipra.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 888
762) Vimarsharupini विमर्शरूपिणी - In the Vimarsha form.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 548
Vimarsha is inherent vibration.
Vimarsha is the first inherent vibration in Finalmost Mother, who has the Prakaasha form as the Fundamental one , and is Vimarsha that produces the animate and inanimate universe and destroys it. Vimarsha is the amplifier like speech to the Prakaasha as thought. Both are counterparts of each other . If there is no thought , speech has no meaning and value. If there is no speech, thought has no value and thinking has no utility.
763) Vimalaa विमला - Unsullid. Pure in midst of all impurities.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 347
764) Vimaanasthaa विमानस्था - Constantly engaged in the protection of Her devotees.
VI means much, MAAN protection, STHAA, engaged in. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 943
765) Viyatprasooh वियत्प्रसूः -Mother of the ether.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 837
766) Viyadaadi-jagat-prasooh वियदादिजगत्प्रसूः - The mother of the universe consisting of ether,etc.ललिता सहस्रना स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 550
767) Virajaa विरजा - Without passion and devoid of Rajas or the passion for activity or sin. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 779
768) Viraagini विरागिणी - Dispassionate.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 937
Vairaagya is relishlessness about pleasures of all kinds. There are different varieties. Some temporary, as in burning places or hospitals or after delivery. Some as a reaction of a great indulgence as after heavy food. Some as result of shuddering picture of the evil consequences , as when a young girl hates being married, having seen some unhappy pairs.
Some have the parrot like emotional Vairaagya which needs only as occasion and opportunity to disappear.
Some have a Vairaagya as a result of despondency of getting pleasures.
Eliminating, however, all classes, real relishlessness also divides itself in two classes, viz., relishlessness with a feeling of displeasure and hatred towards the other objects of pleasures and relishlessness, with the feeling of total indifference.
The first is Taamas Vairaagya. You run away from pleasures and biting your lips say,"The wicked world."
When you call the world wicked, there is unconscious feeling of "Unlike myself." The intensity of wickedness you speak of is often proportional to the superhuman idea you have about yourself.
The Saattvik Vairaagya is seen in that you not only renounce all the pleasures but you get relishlessness about yourself enjoying the unique position and being above relishlessness. Then you never speak of wicked and rotten world etc.
769) Vilaasini विलासिनी -Playful. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 340
Playing with Her powers of concealing the truth, and showing untruth as truth and truth as untruth. Vilaasa primarily means extension. Vilaasa therefore means such acts, gestures, projection and development by speeches and tricks, as intensify Love.
770) Viviktasthaa विविक्तस्था- Abiding in solitude. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 835
The universe is itself by holy.It is made unholy by people.Every ground is holy where no people go. Vivikta may be interpreted to mean the region of righteousness, but the importance of loneliness as most fitted for meditation can not be underrated.
Society and solitude both should be alternatively utilized. In solitude is the facility for awakening the higher powers. In society one has the school, the test and the means.
In forests there are sometimes fights of a deadly serpent and a mungoose. The mungoose beats and the serpent bites.When the serpent's poison becomes unbearable the mungoose runs away to it's resting-hole where it smells some medicine which is antidote. By alternately fighting with the serpent and regaining powers in solitude , the mungoose finally kills the serpent. Such is Samsaar, the serpent of worldliness and the secret of success for the soul-mungoose is the alternate utilization of society and solitude.
Perhaps this illustration is repeated, but it has its appropriate place here and repetition is the secret of success.
The Maai-ist, if a renouncer, says," All earth is mine.Mine by my universal service and mine by universal love." In black forests of man's ignorance there are poisonous wild trees of lusts, avarices and angers which have to be uprooted by practice.No amount of scriptural reading or Bhajans and Kirtans will help you.That uprooting has actually done by squeezing your own comforts and by crushing your lower mind.By extending love to all you make this earth much fairer to live in.
Aspirant on the path of salvation must from the very commencement fore-arm themselves against hard obstructors and tempters on the path.These are 1] egoism 2] doubt and oscillatoriness. 3] abuse of powers 4] lust 5]pure and misplaced love out of a wrong idea of duty or helplessness of the beloved 6] hate 7] clinging to life or fear of loosing life 8] pride and 9] ignorance etc.
The for-arming and fighting to success should be well practiced and not presumed on the ground of being Rishis' and Professors' sons or on the ground that you have never taken meals without bath.
771) Vividhaakaaraa विविधाकारा - Of varied multifold forms. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 401
She is formless because She is Supreme, while She is many-formed because of Her activity. Though She is of the nature of Para Brahma, ( Finalmost mother ), She is also the agent of all action and activity (Active Mother ).
The difference between the above two names, is that one refers to innumerable varieties of the same kind, and other to the innumerable kinds, even contradictory and yet there is no incongruency as stated in the next name.
772) Vishaala-akshi विशालाक्षी - Long eyed. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 936
Not circular but like the bow, peculiar to Bengali pictures.
विशुक्रप्राणहरणवाराहीवीर्यनन्दिता - Rejoicing in he strength of Vaaraahi the sucker of the life of Vishukra. Vaaraahi वाराही is Danda Naatha दण्डनाथ or Dandini दण्डिनी. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 76
774) Vishuddhi-chakra-nilayaa विशुध्दचक्रनिलया -
In the Vishuddhi centre, which is in the cavity of throat, in the sixteen petalled lotus, I adore Daakini of the rosy-coloured, armed with club,the sword, the trident, having one face and striking the sinful with terror, presiding over the skin, whose form is surrounded by Amrita and other Shaktis and who is worshipped by warriors.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 475
775) Vishrinkhalaa विशृंखला - Naked, unfettered.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 834
She that unfetters Her devotees from the cause of bondage. Nakedness is better than even best dressing. Wise devotees always always pray to Mother, " Oh Mother ! Destroy my bad actions as also good actions. Fetters though of gold are not less strong to bind."