(926) Chiti चिति - Intelligence, Wisdom.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र नमा क्रमांक 362
Wisdom as opposed to Avidyaa and intelligence as opposed to dull-mindedness.
(927) Vijnaatri विज्ञार्त्री - The Perceiver, the Knower. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 651
(928) Vedya-varjitaa वेद्यवर्जिता - Transcending all knowledge. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 652
(929) Chitkalaa चित्कला - The energy of consciousness residing in the minds of all embodied souls.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 728
(930) Vijnaana-kalanaa विज्ञानकलना - Causer of perception.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 902
(931) Vijnaana-ghana-roopini विज्ञानघनरूपिणी - One essence of consciousness or chaitanya. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 253
(932) Varna-roopini वर्णरूपिणी - In the form of letters which form the basis of language whereby knowledge can be given and taken. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 850
(933) Bhaashaa-rupaa भाषारूपा -In the form of the language which affords the ladder for the expression, communication and uplift of the aspirants to the highest plane through the Grace of Mother and Guru. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 678
(934) Maatrikaa-varna-roopini मातृकावर्णरूपिणी - In the form of the energy and influence which each letter bears by its phonetic power. Letters have been given their effects and colours under the science on the subject. For instance, sixteen vowels are smoke-coloured, thirteen letters Ka क to Da द ( as in the word daily) are red, nine letters Dha ध to Fha फ yellowish, further five letters are crimson, further, five are gold-coloured and Ha ह and Ksha क्ष are of the colour of lightning. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 577
Vowels represent Shakti शक्ती, consonants are Shiva शिव, The relation of these letters around Mother in the Shree Chakra श्रीचक्र is referred elsewhere.
(935) Panchaashat-peetha-roopini पंचाशतपीठरूपरुपिणी - ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 833
Peethas पीठ are placed in Shree Chakra श्रीचक्र for the arrangement of different letters, being places for a residence of the energies conveyed by letters. Letters are really fifty-one, but one letter Ksha क्ष is omitted by some authorities.
(936) Jnaana-gamyaa ज्ञानगम्या -Where unconditioned nature is to be attained by knowledge, Mother's unconditioned nature is mere absolute consciousness which is free from limitations, infinite, immortal and supreme.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 980
(937) Jnaana-jneya-svaroopini ज्ञानज्ञेयस्वरूपिणी - In the form of knowledge and knowable. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 981
(938) Vandyaa वंद्या - Adorable.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 348
(939) Vandaaru-jana-vatsalaa वन्दारूजनवत्सला -Fond of Her worshippers in the relation of their being Her children, as Mother. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 349
(940) Prasidhaa प्रसिध्दा - Celebrated. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 395
Known to all in the shape of their "I". Many deny the existence of God and dedication of anything to God. However, if God means "I" as it is under the Mother's Ideal, everyone not only owns but asserts the existence of Mother and dedicates and desires to dedicate the whole Universe to Her.
(941) Yashasvini यशस्विनी - Famous for Her valour, help and kindness and salvation-giving to the devotees.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 474
(942) Supratishthaa सुप्रतिष्ठा - Firmly established and firm establisher. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 660
The peculiarity of Mother's path is that once you have enrolled yourself you may from time to time get tired, disheartened and leave of exertions and return to lethargy or natural slow evolutionary progress and to the laissez-faire policy but She would not leave you. She will make you get up and She will not leave you until you have done your evolutionary work. She will drag you and drive you whether you will or not till you finally reach your goal.
This reminds me of a funny story about Maayaa.
Once two disciples of a sage on a river bank saw in the river flood something like a black blanket being dragged away. Naturally, in their poor condition and cold winter, one of them was tempted. He went into the river, caught the blanket but could not come out and the poor fellow was bawling out and was being dragged away downstream. Seeing the danger the other disciple on the bank shouted out instructions:-
" Kamaliku chhoda do " = " Leave off and let go the blanket ".
He answered, " Maai ne to chhod diyaa hai, magar kamali muze nahi chhodati " = " I have long since let her go, but she does not leave me. "
The fact was that what looked like the blanket was a black she-bear.
Such is Maayaa, such is woman and such is Mother. The wisest man's wisdom lies in securing their Grace and saving themselves.
My friend Sharadbhai S. Desai came to scoff one day. He jocularly told me " Will you not give a picture of Mother to me for worship ?" I could not deny, but once I gave him I had to apologise to Mother after his departure least he might instead of worshipping simply hang the picture in a line with Gohar Jan ( Actress ) or some other cinema star. He scoffingly ran " in the river for the blanket."
What is man's most tempestuous and rebellious nature before Mother's Grace! Obligations over obligations, miracles after miracles, made the wolf to be the lamb. Marriage got settled, money for marriage came forth, earning avenue opened up, enemies became friends.
After only a fortnight, Mr Desai who is a very humorous man came to me and very laughingly told me," I came to scoff, but your Mother has caught me from the neck, lifted me up and made me walk on the thread line She laid out".
I answered him laughingly " Kamali nahi chhodegi ". कमली नही छोडेगी । "The blanket will not leave you ". Kamali कमली is also the diminutive name of Kamalaa कमला, one of the names of Mother.
(943) Udaara-kirti उदारकीर्ति - Giver of exalted fame.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 848
(944) Uddaama-vaibhavaa उद्दामवैभवा - Whose glory is raised beyond limits of imagination.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 849
(945) Prabhaavati प्रभावती - Luminous. She is so, being with luminaries of so many deities, Siddhis, Sun, Moon, Fire etc. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 393
(946) Prabhaa-roopa प्रभारूपा - In the form of brightness. The possessor is also the quality itself.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 394
(947) Tejovati तेजोवती - Full of splendour (fairly constantly like the Sun). ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 452
(948) Kaantimati कांतिमती - Full of radiance ( charging and twinkling like fire and stars).ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 465
(949) Ojovati ओजोवती - Spreading the wonderful aura. Ojas is explained as the eighth substance in the constituents of the body, being more precious than even semen and is the aura which surrounds the religious persons and deities. It is what is shown by a circle of light around the face of the deities in pictures. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 767
Some explain Ojas as the vitality of senses. Ojas means light, splendour, strength and radiance.
(950) Dyuti-dharaa द्युतिधरा - The Light-bearer. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 768
This name supports the teaching. "Leave yourself to Her and She will do the do the rest." She will bear the light in the dark night on the unknown way and lead Her devotee safely and soundly to the goal.
Post a Comment