(951) Duraaraadhyaa दुराराध्या - Difficult to worship ( by fickle minded persons ). ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 771
(952) Duraadharshaa दुराधर्षा - Difficult to be restored to form the point of control required as an essential quality.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 772
Both these terms are well explained by reference to the characteristics of Mother's religion as against Fathers.
Lukewarmness will not do. Strict obedience is indispensable. Haphazardness and half-heartedness, doing something somehow in some way just by way of appearing to be religious before others or relieving the conscience pricks by self-deception would not do in the Mother's Path.
For people of no special effort and special faculties, the routine path of stumbling, slowly proceeding further, more by the push from the behind than by their own initiative as in the row before the booking window is much better.
Shorter ways are always along steeper slopes or through difficulties. They that have no strength, no co-operation, no sense of their of own, no self-determination, for them this path is hard to follow.
(953) Veeraaraadhyaa वीराराध्या -Worshipped by valiants. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 777
It is the best path for them that are self-determined, prepared to suffer and sacrifice. The characteristics of the Veraas are that they do not need external enjoyments, they enjoy self, they are ready for meeting and surmounting the difficulties, removing pains and miseries of others. They have dissolved egoism and are devoted to bravery.
(954) Shishteshtaa शिष्टेष्टा - This path is most desirable for them that are educated and disciplined. Shishtas शिष्ट are they who are righteous and who always control their limbs, eyes, speech and whole body and mind, thoughts and desires, etc.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 411
Shishtaas शिष्ट have educated men who can understand and the working, who can decide the further course for themselves with help and advice of Guru and the Grace of Mother, and who can introspect and watch the whole progressive procedure.
(955) Amati अमती - Wrongly directed intelligence. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 537
Why is it so as above stated? Because having left the protection of the routinists stated before, you are likely to miss as well. If you are not the blind follower of what the society or some routine religious leader tells, you are likely to commit a blunder as well.
Mother is everything. She is the Lakshmi or the prosperity in the house of the meritorious devotees, the atheism of the atheists, and poverty and wretchedness of the wicked.
The final results are determinable by your determination not to leave Her Lotus Feet, even though you sometimes commit blunders.
Because these blunders are errors and sometimes purposely ordained by Mother to test and teach by suffering. They are sometimes a part and programme of the evolutionary path.
(956) Mahaniyaa महनीया -
After a few names of a bit caution and not discouragement, we now proceed to the unobstructed straight path.
Mother is Illustrious.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमामख 580
(957) Bhaalasthaa भालस्था -Residing in the forehead.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 593
Mother gives such a luster to the devotees that there is a luster on their very foreheads as if She were residing there.
(958) Indra-dhanush-prabhaa इन्द्रधनुषप्रभा - Rainbow-hued.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 594
She is so very beautiful. She has all the colours. Her devotees are also given experiences of varieties of colours often charming but sometimes unpleasant too. She also gives different colouring's to the devotees as seen and judged by the world and worldliness.
(959) Pushkaraa पुष्करा - Lotus bodied. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 804
(960) Pushkar-ekshanaa पुष्करेक्षणा - Keeping Her protective eye on Vishnu sleeping as a child on the banyan leaf. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 805
Pushkaraa पुष्कर means a banyan tree. Vishnu is also called Pushkaraa. Ikshanaa इक्षणा means compassionate look. Mother beholds and protects Vishnu विष्णु with a compassionate and motherly loveful look during the period between dissolution and reconstruction of the universes.
(961) Raajat-kripaa राजत्कृपा - Radiant with compassion.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 687
Her eyes are full of grace and shed luster which gives full assurance to Her devotees that She is compassionate and that Her Grace is itself the Salvation.
One of the instances of compassionateness is in the preceding name.
(962) Kulottirnaa कुलोत्तीर्णा - Transcending all senses. She that by Her Grace raises Her devotees beyond the influence of senses.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 714
(963) Madhumati मधुमती - Honey or Mead-like. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 717
Mother gives to Her devotees, the sweetness of honey. They become themselves honey-like for others and enjoy the highest honey themselves. The relation between the devotees and universe will be that of giving and taking of honey and the relation between the devotee and Mother Herself will be that of mead-drunken madness.
(964) Guhyakaaraadhyaa गुह्यकाराध्या - Worshipped in an unknown secret place and in an unknown secret manner. When love is established between Mother and the devotee, none knows how and where he worships Her. This is so because the devotees' worship is not of a particular type and particular form, in a particular place with particular materials and in a particular condition. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 720
Because he had dispensed with all accessories of worship and rituals.
When other thinks he is playing and enjoying, he may be actually worshipping Mother internally. If devotion is ripened to Love, that love will always proceeded with and developed and enjoyed most secretly, with entirely different appearances and even apparent disregard for Mother and Mother worship.
(965) Vidagdhaa विदग्धा - Artful in the art of ameliorating the devotees as also sporting with them.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 904
(966) Vimaanasthaa विमानस्था - Constantly engaged in the protection of Her devotees.
VI means much, MAAN protection, STHAA, engaged in. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 943
(967) Manomayi मनोमयी - Engaged in setting right the minds of Her devotees.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 941
A mind is the chief instrument where-with She can be known and seen. Religiosity means the change of the vision angle, and unless that is done all understanding is parrot-like and inexperienced. Her first work is therefore to remove wrong understanding and beliefs, debasing desires and so on. She prepares the minds of the devotees to enable them to know and see Her.
(968) Maanavati मानवती -High minded.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 931
With the highest elevated mind, regard for Her devotees and express manifestations indicating Her forgiveness of all sins, rising above all weighing as to the worthiness and doings of the devotees in one balance against Her Grace in the other, She enables Her devotees to be more and more worthy.
(969) Panchami पंचमी - Adored by the fifth. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 948
And it is only She who by Her Grace prepares the devotees' mind by sublimating the same, adjust the proper angle of vision and removes all sins by forgiveness. It is She by whose Grace the devotee is able to see what She really is, viz., that She is Panchami पंचमी, viz., that She is worshipped of the fifth of the Brahmaa ब्रह्मा, Vishnu विष्णु, Mahesh महेश, Ishvar ईश्वर and Sadaashiva सदाशिव.
Shiva is the highest of the Trinity. Ishvar is higher than Shiva being the possessor of Maayaa. Sadaashiva is higher than Ishvar and Mother is the worshipped of that Sadaashiv.
(970) Maitryaadi-vaasanaa-labhyaa मैत्र्यादिवासनालभ्या - And how is Mother pleased? ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 570
She is pleased by extending friendliness, etc., and the inborn desire of extending love and sympathy to all others.
This name, in other words, says, " To please Mother Love all and Serve all ", which is the most important teaching of Mother's Lodge for Maai-ists.
Friendliness etc.means sympathy, compassion, complacency, pity, companionship, cheerfulness-spreading, consoling, helping and guiding others in the path of righteousness, etc.
(971) Kaavya-kalaa काव्यकला - Poetic Art.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 798
Mother is not the sordid, austere and pleasure inimical God of austerity, nor does She indulge in sexual apathy or consort-cursing. She is, on the other hand, poetic and She is fond of the nine sentiments so much indulged in poets and poetic minds, viz., Shringaara श्रृंगार (love), Bibhatsa बीभत्स (disgust), Raudra रौद्र (wrathfulness), Adbhuta अदभुत् (wonder), Bhaya भय (terror), Vira वीर (heroism), Haasya हास्य (mirth), Karunaa करूणा (Compassion) and Shaanta शांत (composure) and all these sentiments are seen in Mother's glances, according to the relation She has with the person looked to.
[Please vide shloka श्लोक 51 of Saundarya Lahari सौन्दर्य लहरी .]
Whether Her devotees pray to Her in form of prose or poetry, by songs or hymns, all words being the form of Herself spoken with the energy and inspiration given by Her, She completes the incomplition, perfects the imperfection, and accepts whatever is offered in shape of speech or language.
(972) Anitya-triptaa अनित्यतृप्ता - Satisfied with most trivial perishable offerings. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 815
This is so because Her taste is much higher. She is only pleased with devotion. She accepts whatever is offered, however trivial, with the greatest joy provided it is offered with devotion.
This is apparent even in human life. The higher a man evolves, the lesser value he attaches to material objects and enjoyments, Her joy is in praises with devotion as under:-
(973) Talodari तलोदरी -Slender-waisted. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 847
Here Mother is described in the poetic strain. She is stated to be slender-waisted.
(Please read shloka श्लोक 79 of Saundarya Lahari सौन्दर्य लहरी ).
(974) Vidrumaabhaa विद्रुमाभा -Of the coral colour. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 891
Vidruma विद्रुम also means tree of knowledge. VI वि means knowledge and DRUMA द्रुम means tree. Also, VI वि means great and VIDRUMA विद्रुम means the most fruit giving tree and Mother is such.
Regarding benevolence and living the life of sacrifice for others the following are generally quoted
Trees, rains, saints and rivers are benefactory. Trees suffer under the Sun, rain, atmosphere tempests, solitude, no sitting posture etc. and give other their sweetest fruits to all with same cheerfulness and blessings, whether one prays for the fruits under its shades or hit the tree with stones.
(975) Suveshaadhyaa सुवेषाढ्या - Decked with most beautiful ornaments.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 969