श्रुतिसीमन्तसिन्दूरीकृतपादाब्जधूलिका - ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 289
She, the dust of whose Lotus feet forms the vermilion dust, spread on the different path-ways, formed by different partings of hair in the heads , of the deities representing different Shrutis and Smrutis i.e. parts of Vedas.
This means that Scriptures-deities use the dust of Mother's Lotus Feet, to serve as vermilion in the different hair-partings. What is conveyed is, that Scriptures personified as deities, not only hold Mother as Saviour but they cling to the Mother's Lotus Feet, and place their dust on their heads , most reverentially and worship-fully. Scriptures also are incapable of expressing Her directly and describe Her by negation"Not this, Not that" etc.
The negation can be poetically described thus : A prince who ascended the throne, decided to find out his mother, who was reported to have escaped and remained incognito, to avoid danger from enemy. Possible mothers were being introduced to the prince and he went on saying "not this, not that" till finally, at once there was a dead silence. There was ceasing of even such words, "not this" or "not that". Outside people concluded that the prince had found his mother.
852) Shreemat-tripura-sundari श्रीमत्त्रिपुरसुंदरी -The Divine Tripurasundari. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 997
Residing at the center of the circle, within the triangle of the Shree Chakra.
853) Shrimat Sinhaasaneshvari श्रीमत्सिंहासनेश्वरी -"The Ruler" on the lion-throne.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 3
One rendering is Sinha meaning pain and asana means expelling.
She is the destroyer of universe or that into whom the created beings enter on their dissolution. She is the Queen of Queens, Mother who is the most supreme merciful Donor, holds Her Darbar and grants whatever is demanded by Her devotees, and by all in good relations with them.
श्रीमद्वाग्भवकूटैकस्वरूपमुखपंकजा - Her Lotus Face represents the divine Vaagbhava group ( a group of syllables in the pancha-dashi mantra).ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 85
The Panchadashi Mantra पंचदशी मंत्र has three portions, the first of which corresponds to the topmost portion of the Mother's physical body,viz., the face . Shrimat (divine) श्रीमत means having power of conferring wisdom and other exalted powers. Vaagabhava means that by which a person attains the power of speech.The Vaagbhava-kuta वाग्भवकूट is the group of five syllables,viz., ka, e, i, la, hrim.( क, ए, ई, ल, ह्रीं )
855) Shriman-nagara-naayikaa श्रीमन्नगरनायिका - Resident and Ruler of the beautiful city. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 56
856) Shree Mahaaraajni श्रीमहाराज्ञी - " The great " Queen.The controller of the created Universe. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 2
She by whose Grace the creation goes on. She who is the fighting Heroine Queen, and who fights out and dispels and controls all that is obstructive for Her devotees.
857) Shree Maataa श्रीमाता - "The Holy " Mother.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 1
The birth-giving physical mother is usually remembered and called upon in times of sorrow ; but our natural mothers are not able to remove the different kinds of pains. Great men believing in reincarnation have therefore said : " Millions of physical mothers I had, O Treasure-house of compassion ! Thou art the only one Mother of Eternity. Save me from the vast, and disastrous ocean of world-wormness." The Mother is only one who is capable of removing the endless misery.
Shree means prosperity, success, beauty and wisdom
Shri is ambrosia. The title Shree is prefixed to eminent personages and is an honorific word.
858) Shrividyaa श्रीविद्या - Sacred science. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 585
There are four sacred sciences for salvation, viz., the sacrificial science, the existed science, the secret science and the spiritual science. Mother is the initiator of all these and Mother is the bestower of salvation. The said four sciences are sciences of Action, Devotion, Mantra and the science of knowledge about the relations of the soul, universe and Mother.
859) Shree-shivaa श्रीशिवा The eternally beneficent Mother. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 998
860) Shree-shodasha-akshari-vidyaa श्रीषोडशाक्षरीविद्या - ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र , नाम क्रमांक 587
The science of meditation of Mother, through the repetition of the Mantra of sixteen syllable is this.This Mantra is obtained by adding Aim to the fifteen-syllabled Mantra and therefore runs as under :-
Ka क, e ए, i ई, la ल , hrim र्हीं, | ha ह , sa स, ka क , ha ह , la ल , hrim र्हीं , | sa स , ka क , la ल , hrim र्हीं, Aim एम् ||
861) Shat-chakro-pari-sams-thitaa षट्-चक्रोपरिसंस्थिता - Residing above the six chakras.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 108
Samsthitaa संस्थिता (Residing); residing above the six chakras , viz.,
Mulaadhaara,Svaadhishthaan,Manipura, Anaahat,Vishuddhi and Aajnaa.
862) Shadanga-devataa-yuktaa षडंगदेवतायुक्ता -Accompanied by the deities of the six limbs.See Khadga-Maalaa खड्गमाला . Theses are heart, head, tuft of hair,, eyes, armours and weapons. She is accompanied by the energies of these six limbs.
Or She is accompanied by the sixth Shaktis of omniscience, contentment, wisdom, independence,unfadingness and infiniteness. Some describe main Shaktis of Mother to be four - Shaanti शांती (Peace), Vidyaa विद्या(Knowledge), Pratishthaa प्रतिष्ठा (fixity, constancy) and Nivritti निवृत्ती (restraint).
863) Shadadhvaatita-roopini षडध्वातीतरूपिणी - Transcending the six deities usually worshipped in household worship.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र नाम क्रमांक 991
On him whose mind is purified by the Mantras and worship of Shivaशिव ,Vishnu विष्णु , Surya सुर्य , Ganapati गणपती , Devi देवी and Indu इन्दु or Indra इन्द्र , the knowledge of Mother, who is above all these deities, dawns.
864) Shadaananaa षडान्ना - Six faced.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 523
865) Shaadgunya-pari-pooritaa षाडगुण्यपरिपूरिता -Further She is the conferrer, on Her devotees, of Prosperity (Aishvarya एैश्वर्य), Righteousness (Dharmaधर्म), Fame (Kirtiकिर्ती ),Wealth(Shree श्री), Wisdom (Jnana ज्ञान ) and Dispassion (Vairaagya वैराग्य ). ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र ,नाम क्रमांक 387
She is deluged by devotees with prayers of six factors, viz., Salutation (Namaskaar नमस्कार ), Paraakrama पराक्रम (Narrating Her exploits), Vibhuti विभूति (Rehearsing Her glory), Ashish अशिश (Asking blessings), Siddhantokti सिध्दान्तोक्ती (Thanksgiving for whatever has been achieved through Her Grace ), and Praathanaa प्रार्थना (Prayer for general welfare or specific relief).
866) Sandhyaa संध्या - ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 422
Sandhyaa means junction, as also meditation and is meant for developing the idea of the non-separate-ness of ourselves,as from one another, all of us being dependent for our very being and very condition of being living, on Mother, who resides in Chaitanya in the sun. Sandhyaa is meditation (Dhyaa) ,wholly(San), on Her. Sandhyaaa means the Deity who is to be worshipped at the twilights.
She that is witness of action and repeatedly reminds the devotee, of the imperceptible reduction of his future life for achieving evolution, is the giver of everything that Her devotees demand, is Sandhyaa. Mythologically Sandhyaa is the mind born daughter of Brahmaa. " Born from his mind. She is the victorious deity of twilights."
Sandhyaa contains mainly the exercise of Praanaayaam or scientific breathing at an hour, when the atmosphere is specially suited for meditation and is pure and is meant to purify nerves. It has always been associated with yoga and health, as a daily exercise for Brahmins, at twilights, to have a better control over mind and body.
संपत्करीसमारूढसिंधूरव्रजसेविता - Attended by herds of elephants conducted by Sampatkari.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 66
To these elements of discrimination, determination, and efforts, is added the cheerfulness which is the fulness of the joyous state of mind, with patience.
Elephants are known for wisdom and their quite and cheerful disposition. In one word they are of Saatvik, i.e., equipoised and discriminative nature.Elephant-goad is previously stated to represent control or knowledge. So Sampatkari is the knowledge-energy of the three energies.
868) Sampradaayeshvari संप्रदायेश्वरी -Fount and protector of traditional wisdom. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 710
Sampradaaya is the wisdom, regularly imparted by the teachers to the disciple; Ishvari means ruler. Knowledge is gained by reasoning, through traditions, faith in Guru and intuition. Mother tries to see, that so long as a particular school of religion with certain beliefs and practices of the divine path to reach Her, is not tented with vice of greed, adultery, hypocrisy etc, it progresses with Her full help and blessings. The secret of success of the initiation ceremony and rituals should be , the intense devotion with which the Guru requests Mother to create a replica of all his powers, knowledge and wisdom to be conferred on the disciple. When however the Guru becomes the usurper of God's powers and the Guru's homages, when he gets deluded that that powers belong to and vest in himself, and when disciples attach more importance to rituals then to the actual faith and devotion (in and to God and Guru), the whole institute becomes a soul like skeleton. Further as by several leakages by vices the joints get loose, the whole frame work begins to crack, the vitality gradually vanishes, and the whole body begins to give a stinking smell like corpse, and the whole institute finally gives way, by its own weight of sinfulness and weakness of perverted notions , ignorance and meaningless mechanical practices.
By Mother's Grace, as soon as one institute gets too old, another is brought into being. Mother is concerned with keeping up the religiosity of the universe and not with the superiority and inferiority of a particular institute or religion or the fame of an individual founder. That fighting and quarreling is all man made and meaningless and by half baked people, bigots or fools.
869) Samshay-aghni संशयघ्नी - Destroying doubts.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 173
So long as real conviction regarding above is not there, solid progress does not begin. On the other hand , after that the conviction about the above is rooted, doubts regarding Mother's Grace and one's own progress and actual religious plane rise. On reaching that stage it is others who have to tell him that he is favored with Mother's Grace, etc. In some form or the other, however, temporary doubts do remain, till the man finally merges in Mother. It is one of the characteristics of the mind to the doubtful, although it may be only for a few moments.
870) Samsaara-panka-nirmagna-samuddharana-panditaa संसारपंकनिर्मग्नसमुध्दरणपण्डिता -Expert in the art of raising (those) sunk in the abyss of the transmigatory life. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 880
The Kurma Puraan says "Those who once remember Mother, invoking Her protection do not fall in to the endless ocean of Samsaara which is difficult to be crossed."
871) Samhaarini संहारिणी - Destroyer for reconstruction.
Samhaara means reducing the universe to atoms or collecting together. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 268
872) Samhritaa-shesha-paashandaa संह्रताशेषपाषण्डा - Destroyer of all hypocrites, i.e., who are hostile to true religiosity and righteousness. Here She considers why the aspirent approaches Her ? Is he hypocrite ? ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 355
सकलागमसंदोहशुक्तिसंपुटमौक्तिका - ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 290
Mother's nose-ring pearl is enclosed, well preserved, in the shell of the collection of the various scriptures of different religions. Sakalaagama सकलागम means all scriptures, not of the Hindus alone.All scriptures, with all their highest efforts to try to fathom the nature and truths about the Mother, have been successful enough, just to be able to describe not Her nature, not even Her body, but simply the pearl of an ornament of Hers. That ornament is also not one, that is in contact with any of Her limbs, but the pearl of a nose -ring.
"Mother ! Everything that all religions have to teach and everything that all the great men of past of all nations have to give ; both put together, goes to form only the first Furlong Formula , to the way-fairer on the long long infinite way to Thee, I have never come to Thee, tracing my way, Thyself has lifted me away to Thy mysterious mansion."
I refuse to learn, but from Thee. Lead, Thou lift, Thou shed Thy Grace, Thy Will, Thou make me follow, Thou, make Thy wicked son to lie, in Thy Lotus Feet.
874) Sachaamara-ramaa-vaani-savya-dakshina-sevitaa सचामररमावाणीसव्यदक्षिणसेविता - Attended, on left and right sides by Lakshmi and Saraswati bearing royal sacred fans. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 614
The goddess of Prosperity and Learning never stay together. Usually learned and godliness-goaled souls are poor while rich people are rarely learned. Here however both stay together. A Mother's devotee can be rich as also learned.
875) Sachchidaananda-rupini सच्चिदानंदरूपिणी -Existence, consciousness and bliss. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 700