826) Shivadooti शिवदूती - She, whose messenger was Shiva.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 405
When the Devas (deities) were oppressed by Shumbha and Nishumbha demons, they prayed to Mother, and Mother appearing on the scene , gave a graceful opportunity to the demons , to save themselves, through a message which She forwarded to them, through Mahaadeva or Shiva or Mahesha . Shivadooti is also the name of a Nityaa
827) Shivaparaa शिवपरा - ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 410
In the form of Shiva. There is no separateness of Shiva and Shakti. "He is Shakti Himself and is never separated from Her." Beloved of Shiva and Beyond Shiva because the position of Shiva depends on Shakti.
828) Shivapriyaa शिवप्रिया -ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 409
829) Shivamurti शिवमूर्ति -ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 407
830) Shivashaktyaikarupuni शिवशक्त्यैक्यरूपिणी - The union of Shiva and Shakti. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 999
Her nature is the equal essence of Shiva and Shakti. The Supreme Shakti is one with the Shiva Tattva. Like oil and the oil grain. The Maayaa which is usually described as separate from Brahman is not different from Brahman itself. It is impossible to distinguish the difference. The idea is that Mother is one from whom Shiva with Shakti in his heart and Shakti with Shiva in her heart originate.
The main Shaktis are five and they work as under:
Dhumaavati veils, Bhasvati reveals, the Spanda stimulates, the Vibhavi Pervades, the Alhadini nourishes. The Dhumavati Shakti belongs to earth,Bhasvati to fire, Spanda to air, Vibhavi to ether and Alhadini to water. The whole world is pervaded by, and is the working of these Shaktis.
831) Shivaa शिवा - The beneficial.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 53
The energy underlying what becomes beneficial through perception, right understanding, true knowledge, practical wisdom, impartial seeing, long fore-sighted thinking, charitable considering, concentrated remembering,healthy conceiving, determined wiling,disinterested loving, legitimate desiring.etc., is a gift and grace of Mother.
The Daanavas and the Devas are on equal relations to Mother; She does good (Shivaa) to all beings.Hence Mother is known as Shivaa. She is Shivaa because She confers on Her worshippers natural purity, stainless qualities, superiority, supporting power,supremacy and immortality.
She who has assumed the energising aspect connected with one and varied consciousness, who is intellect, without attributes, self-shining, unchangeable, supreme bliss, and the cause of destruction of worldly bondage, is Shivaa.
832) Shivaaraadhyaaशिवाराध्या -Worshipped by Shiva. The Brahma Puraan says :"Even Shiva by worshipping Whom, by meditation, by the power of Yoga or union with Whom, becomes the Lord of all Siddhis and becomes half-female."ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 406
833) Shishta-poojitaa शिष्टपूजिता - ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 412
Shishta means disciplined and righteous. Shishtas are those who always perfectly control their limbs, eyes, speech,whole body, mind, desires, thoughts, and actions.Those who are desirous of achieving and maintaining this control, worship and propitiate Her.
834)Shishteshtaa शिष्टेष्टा - This path is most desirable for them that are educated and disciplined. Shishtas शिष्ट are they who are righteous and who always control their limbs, eyes,speech and whole body and mind, thoughts and desires, etc.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 411
Shishtaas शिष्ट are educated men who can understand and the working, who can decide further course for themselves with help and advice of Guru and the Grace of Mother, and who can introspect and watch the whole progressive procedure.
835) Shuklavarnaa शुक्लवर्णा- White coloured.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 522
836) Shukla-samsthitaa शुक्लसंस्थिता - Presiding over semen.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 531
837) Shuddha-maanasaa शुध्दमानसा - She that helps Her devotees to make chitta-shuddhi, i.e., make their minds as crystallized and purified as a lake in which Mother's Lotus Feet will be fully and faithfully reflected and as quiet ripple-less as the largest quiet lakes.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 973
838) Shuddha vidyaankuraa kaaradvijapankti dvayojwalaa शुध्दविद्यांकुराकारद्विजपंक्तिद्वयोज्ज्वला -
She shines with Her two rows of teeth in the form of buds of pure knowledge. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 25
Shuddha Vidyaa is pure or final knowledge, when a yogi discarding limited supernatural powers is prompted to embrace all in himself.
On whom She smiles, he has passed through all Dikshaas, i.e., stages of initiation and knowledge. This Shuddha Vidyaa dawns on him and makes him forget the difference of "I" and "Thee". The upper teeth row represents theory and knowledge, the lower one initiation and realisation.
839) Shuddhaa शुध्दा - She that enables Her devotees to be pure in every respect. This is a stage superior to the above, which refers to the purity of mind alone. this purity is the purity of all thoughts , words and deeds.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 765
840) Shubhakari शुभकरी –
She that does good and secures the welfare of Her worshipper even though the worship is imperfect , unsystematic and incomplete. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 682
841) Shulaadyaayudhasampannaa शूलाद्यायुधसंपन्ना - Armed with the trident and other weapons. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 506
842) Shringaara-rasa-sam-purnaa श्रृंगाररससम्पूर्णा - Filled with the essence of love. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 376
843) Shailendratanayaa शैलेन्द्रतनया Daughter of the mountain Himalaya.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 634
844) Shobhanaa शोभना - Beautiful.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 462
845) Shyaamaabhaa श्यामाभा- Black-hued.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 486
846) Shreekanthaardhasharirini श्रीकण्ठार्धशरीरिणी - Possessing the body of Shreekantha. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 392
While the ocean was being churned, all the best things came out, and last came poison, which began to destroy the universe. Shiva then came forth to control it, and swallowed up all poison, and hence Shiva's throat became blue. Mahesvari forms that half body of that Mahesha or Shiva. The worldly meaning may also be noted that She is a true wife who shares the full miseries in all conditions and all circumstances.
847) Shrikari श्रीकरी - Producing success. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 127
848) Shree-chakra-raaja-nilayaa श्रीचक्रराजनिलाया - Abiding in the Royal Shree Chakra. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 996
Shree Chakra is the body of Mother, assumed for Her worshippers , to worship Her through the Chakra
849) Shruti श्रृती - She , that imparts to Her devotees the knowledge , in the form of hearing and recollection. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 539
850) Shruti-samstuta-vaibhavaa श्रुतिसंस्तुतवैभवा - Whose glory is sung in scriptures.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 929