701) Raajiva-lochanaa राजीवलोचना -With eyes like those of deer.
Raajiva राजीव means, "deer, fish, lotus." ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 308
702) Raajni राज्ञी - The supreme queen.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 306
703) Rajyadaayini राज्यदायिनी - Bestower of dominion.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 685
704) Raajyalakshami राज्यलक्ष्मी -Bestower of Royal wealth, the Royal wealth itself. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 689
705) Raajya-vallabhaa राज्यवल्लभा - She that delights in making Her deserving devotees vallabhas or masters of desired dominions , namely of royalty, supernatural powers, wealth, knowledge, fame etc. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 686
706) Raamaa रामा- Woman. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 319
It is not that Mother always likes to manifest Herself as the most beautiful lovely woman. She sometimes assumes the form of even an old hag.
In the Hindu scriptures, there is a description of Dhumaavati धुमावती, one of the aspects of Mother. Deformed, restless,cruel-faced, dirty-clothed, dry, rickety, inauspicious-looking, with a winnow in hand , poverty-stricken, widow-like, with the crow as Her pet bird, etc.
Naturally there are few devotees, who accept this form for their worship, but those who do, are favoured most speedily with the fulfilment of their desires.
True devotees delight to serve any woman, in whatever form, however ugly, poor, crooked, criminal and sinful. All women to him are different forms in different bodies of Mother.
If women are pleased or displeased, deities also are pleased or displeased. If they are pleased, the family prospers. the country, in which women are respected and protected and taken care of, prospers. However, woman should not mean one's wife, nor should that respect or help be an outcome of selfishness, slavery, lust or illicit love.
707) Rudra-granthi-vibhedini रूद्रग्रन्थिविभेदिनी - Severing the knot called Rudragranthi.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 104
These knots are named, Brahma, Vishnu and Rudragranthis. The earth and water elements with the two chakras Mulaadhaar and Svaadhisthaan are indicated by Brahmagranthi. The next two powerful and shining elements are fire and sun; these with the two chakras of Manipur and Anaahat are indicated by Vishnugranthi. The next two elements in the form of air and ether with the two chakras of Vishudhhi विशुध्दी and Aajnaa आज्ञा are indicated by the Rudragranthi.
Those that are fortunate enough to have these knots severed, i.e., pierced, through by Kundalini, rise above all the overpowering and impurifying influences of the particular elements and have the control of everything that is capable of being done , as a result of the full control of these elements. It is by this method that the siddhis or supernatural powers and wonderfully mighty benefits and experiences are attained.
708) Rudrarupini रूद्ररूपिणी - In the form of Mahesh or Rudra. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 269
709) Rudhira-samasthitaa रूधिरसंस्थिता Residing in blood.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 490
710) Rogaparvatadambholi रोगपर्वतदंभोली - The thunderbolt which shivers the mountain of diseases. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 748
711) Lakshya-roma-lataa-dhaarataa-samunneya-madhyamaa लक्ष्यरोमलताधारतासमुन्नेयमध्यमा - Her waist in inferrable only from the group of the creeper-like hair. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 35
712) Lajjaa लज्जा - Self-respect sense. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 740
Then a stage comes when with all the remembrance, of the contrasts of himself and Her and his doings and Her doings etc., he gets ashamed of himself. He thinks he does not deserve devotee-ship. He gets ashamed of being called a devotee of Mother, at the idea of his unworthiness. His whole heart and soul as it were gets reduced to the smallest atom of the dust of the Mother's Lotus Feet. He wishes his whole mind, body and heart may get small and small (of course condensed) and may form the dust of Mother's Feet.
713) Layakari लयकरी - Causing absorption. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 739
Next the whole of his vast possession of the subtlest knowledge, the most valued experience, the most delicate emotions, the most enlightened wisdom and everything as it were is abandoned.
A big shopkeeper has in his shop thousands of things, he knows their uses, their values, their sources, their constituents and and all details about each and everything in the shop.But as soon as he receives heavenly mandate that the queen of the place has accepted him as her son, as the inheritor of Her vast dominion, at a sweep all that knowledge disappears.
This Laya stage is described as a peculiar state of mental absorption which is equal to ten meditations.
714) Lalitaambikaa ललिताम्बिका -The Sportive Mother Lalitaa. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 1000
715) Laakinya-ambaa-svarupini लाकिन्यम्बास्वरूपिणी - Assuming the form of Mother Laakini. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र ,नाम क्रमांक 503
716) Laasyapriyaa लास्यप्रिया - Fond of dancing. Female dance is Laasya. Male dance is Taandav. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 738
717) Lilaa-klrippta-brahmaanda-mandalaa - लीलाक्लृप्तब्रह्माण्डमंडला -Who formed the world systems as it were in sport. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 648
Devi stava says," That is done without effort. Even Shiva is powerless to create, preserve or destroy, but Oh ! Mother, the regulation of the universe is but sport to you. Thou art manifesting the universe in Thyself, at Thou own will."
718) Lilaa-vjgraha-dhaarini लीलाविग्रहधारिणी - Wearer of forms for sportivity. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 865
Then the devotee is at rest and is the spectator and enjoyer. The whole universe, every emotion, every desire, every thought, every power, every thing that bears a name and every thing that suggests itself as having existence, every thing that is knowable, visible or experience-able is a form of Mother.
The Jeeva has become Shiva. The bound soul has become the liberated soul. For him nothing exists, not even he himself, except Mother. All is Mother, Mother is all.
719) Lilaa-vinodini लीलाविनोदिनीTaking pleasure in amusement.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 966
Lilaa, the play(of the activity) of the Universe.
720) Guhyakaaraadhyaa गुह्यकाराध्या - Worshipped in an unknown secret place and in an unknown secret manner. When love is established between Mother and the devotee, none knows how and where he worships Her. This is so because the devotees' worship is not of a particular type and particular form, in a particular place with particular materials and in a particular condition. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 720
Because he had dispensed with all accessories of worship and rituals.
When other thinks he is playing and enjoying, he may be actually worshipping Mother internally. If devotion is ripened to Love, that love will always proceeded with and developed and enjoyed most secretly, with entirely different appearances and even apparent disregard for Mother and Mother worship.
721) Lokaatitaa लोकातीता - Transcending all worlds. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 960
Above the abode or world of Vishnu, one should know the great divine city of Shiva. Above the city of Shiva there are three supreme seats, eternal and ever pure, resorted to by Skanda, Shakti and Shiva.Above theses there is the highest summit which is the abode of the Finalmost Mother.
722) Lopaa-mudra-architaa लोपामुर्द्रार्चिता -Worshiped as by Lopaamudraa. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 647
It may be noted that whatever is stated immediately above is more or less for an individual. Either the desultory progress in the ordinary God fearing usual life, or knowledge or acquisition or practising virtues or trying to regulate mental brain stuff. They all indicate individual efforts and actions.
Next we come to what is done in home life or family life. Here the sense may be taken to be that of worshipping and progressing in the manner of a respectful high class strictly religious family life, say by observances suggested for the householder's life. Lopaamudraa was , as is often previously stated, the wife of the great Muni Agastya.
This path includes so many methods of making a slow and steady progress. Vows as Navaraatra नवरात्र, Satya- Naaraayana सत्यनारायण , Poornimaa Vrata पोर्णिमा व्रत, fasting, daily idol worship, Sandhyaa, temple-going, pilgrimage, charity, saint-service, religious-place-living, Scripture hearing and remembering , supporting Pandits and Shaastris, digging wells, constructing dhamashaalaas , all this come under this head.
723) Lobhanaashini लोभनाशिनी - Destroyer of all temptations, i.e., of weakness, ignorance,etc., which yielding of anyone to the temptations. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 171
724) Lollakshi-kaama-rupini लोलाक्षीकामरूपिणी With oscillating and searching eyes, betraying the intense of finding, seeing and getting one's beloved. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 454
725) Vaktralakshmiparivaahachalanminaabhalochanaa वक्त्रलक्ष्मीपरीवाहचलन्मीनाभलोचना - Her eyes are like fishes rapidly moving and playing in the shining water of the tank, viz., the bewitching beauty of Her face.As Fishes nourish their progeny though eyes alone , so also Mother give all nourishment to Her devotees through Her merciful eyes shedding Grace. [ ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 18 ]
Post a Comment