601) Mahaa-yogesh-varesh-vari महायोगेश्वरेश्वरी - The ruler of the great rulers, of Yogis. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 225
To the doubt, as which of the two classes of Siddhis above referred to is higher, this is a reply. The last narrated Siddhis are Siddhis of a higher order, being those of Yogeshvareshvari and not of merely a Yogi.
602) Mahaa-ratih महारतिः - The great delight. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 218
Devotees find more delight and pleasure in Her than in worldly things and pleasures.
603) Mahaarupaa महारूपा ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 212
She has not only multifarious and varied innumerable forms, but most astounding forms as well, which would carry, to anyone, the conviction, that he is not even a grain of dust on the shore of infinity and Eternity.
She is Raakendu-vadanaa, Ramaa, Kalaalaapaa, Ratirupaa, Ranat-kinkini-mekhalaa, and Ramanalampataa.
604) Mahaa-lakshmi महालक्ष्मी. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 210
" The beautiful azure (Shyaamaa श्यामा), all-fascinating, Supreme Shakti, who is conceived to be the girl of a little below thirteen years of age and worshipped during Kumaari Poojaa worship of within teen girls representing Mother.
605) Mahaalaavanyashevadhih महालावण्यशेवधिः The
treasurehouse of beauty. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र नाम क्रमांक 48
606) Mahaavidyaa महाविद्या - The All Combined evolutionary Path of attaining Mother.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 584
Shree Vidyaa in the Holy Hindu scriptures, is described to be of twelve kinds, with regard to differences in the methods of worship, by twelve principal devotees of Mother, who are Manu, Chandra, Kubera, Lopaamudraa, Manmatha, Agastya, Agni, Surya, Indra, Skanda, Shiva and Durvaasa.
The twelve different Vidyaas looked at from the point of the science of Mantras, are different sacred words, formula and are different permutations of the several sacred letters of the Panchadashaakshari Mantra.
Thus for instance , Lopaamudraa's Vidyaa or Haadi Vidyaa is
Ha ह, sa स , ka क, la ल, hrim र्हीं |, Ha ह, sa स, ka क, ha ह, la ल, hrim र्हीं |, Sa स, ka क, la ल, hrim र्हीं ||.
For Mai-ists, Manuvidyaa may be taken to mean the science of attaining Mother through knowledge and Chandravidyaa through heart or emotion or devotion. Nandividyaa through service, and Mahaavidyaa may be taken to mean putting into practice and realising the above Vidyaas.
According to Mother's Lodge Ideals, "Love all" is Chandra Vidyaa,and "Serve all" is Nandi Vidyaa. "Meditating on Mother' which means Devotion, is Manu Vidyaa, and "Self-surrendering and living cheerfully in any circumstances, in which one is placed", is Mahaa-Vidyaa.
607) Mahaa-virendra-varadaa महावीरेन्द्रवरदा Granting boons to great warriors.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 493
The Mahaaviraas are those who are continually drinking the nectar of Mother's Love.
Virendras are those who realise the fourth stage of Turiya.
Mahaavira is Prahlaada and Indra the lord of Devas. The Devi-Bhagawat Puraana says, that Indra and Prahlaada after a hard fight for a hundred divine years, reconciled themselves, in the realisation of the Love of Divine Mother, who granted them boons on being pleased with their final reconciliation . This is the spirit which Mother's Lodge holds out. Enemies as soon as they happen to belong to Mother;s Universal Religion, must become friends.
608) Mahaa-viryaa महावीर्या - The great strength.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 221
Virya means semen, and glory.
609) Mahaashaktih महाशक्तिः - The great energy. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 217
She is the energy of he whole universe. Shakti means Power, strength, strife, weapon. She is the Higher Energy above the main three energies of Desire, Knowledge and Action.
610) Mahaashanaa महाशना - the greatest eater, absorbing both the animate and inanimate universes within Her. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 753
611) Mahaa-sakti महासक्ति - Greatly attached to and possessed with craving for, Her devotees.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 109
She is so much devoted to Her devotees that She is actually almost mad after them, so to say, infatuated with them. Aasakti means craving.
612) Mahaa-satvaa महासत्वा - She is the highest essence. She that tests and ascertains the essence or merit of her devotees what sacrifice he is capable of, what is his plane, etc., and fills up the deficiency to unable him to be Her true devotee.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 216
613) Mahaasanaa महासना - The greatest supernatural powers-achieving posture. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 229
Worshiped by the method of Mahaayaaga, i.e., great sacrifice.
614) Mahaa-saamraajya-shaalini महासाम्राज्यशालिनी - Resplendent with widest dominion of dominions. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 582
615) Mahaa-siddhih महासिध्दीः - The great attainment. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 224
The Siddhis are well-known super human powers, viz., Animaa, Laghimaa, etc., obtained by Yoga. Mai-ists have however, a different set of Siddhis to aspire to. These Siddhis are explained thus. The first Siddhi is the manifestation of taste; i.e., being able to have the satisfaction of having tasted different joys without objects to be tasted and without the enjoying conditions being there in existing reality; the second the is overcoming the pair of opposites; the third is being above the notion of both superiority and inferiority (implying the difference of degree), the fourth is indifference towards the conditions of pleasure, pain and life, the fifth is being without sorrow; the sixth is steadfastness in penance and contemplation of Mother; the seventh is the power of unrestrained exertions for uplift and happiness of humanity,and the eighth is the power of uniform equilibrium of head and heart.
No. 1 is also to be taken to mean the power to turn any conditions or circumstances to tasefulness and cheerfulness.No.5 is also similarly taken to mean capacity to create inexhaustible cheerfulness, luster and strength.
No.7 also similarly means exhautionlessness and sleeplessness and No. 8 also means continued equilibrated
absorption in the meditation of Mother.
616) Mahi मही - Earth.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 718
617) Maheshi महेशी -The great Final Disposer. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 932
618) Maheshvari महेश्वरी- Goddess of Mahesh, i.e., Shiva.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 750
There are two words in the list of names ,viz., Maheshvari and Maaheshvari. One name has proceeded.
For Mai-ists, the happy way of understanding distinctions of several names of mother, referring to the relationship of Mother and Shiva, is as under.
That power energy of Mother, which has created Brahmaa, Vishnu and Mahesh to be what they are, is Mother energy of theirs.
That power or energy which they enjoy, and a result of which, they are able to do their duties and maintain their positions is the Wife energy, where as that power of energy which proceeds to the devotees, on their propitiation, is their daughter energy. The meaning should be taken as suits the context, but generally all the three conceptions should be before the mind.
Thus the shortest name Maheshi may be taken to mean Mother Energy. Maheshvari may mean Wife Energy and Maaheshvari may be taken to mean Daughter energy proceeding to the devotees.This difficulty does not arise in case of Vishnu and the name Vaishnavi, in the simplest manner, means the Power of Vishnu, the protecting power, without the complication of the wife or the daughter aspect as in the case of Mahesha. This is so , because Vishnu's wife has not attained that stage of accepted motherhood for devotees, as Mahesha's wife Paarvati, as stated in the introduction.
Besides taking the innermost view, Vishnu or rather Krishna is more like Mother Herself, in the male form and Mahesha is the highest devotee or worshipper of Mother. While one of the names of Mother is HRIM, that of Vishnu is Hari. Between Mahesh and Vishnu, the former is manlike or husband like and the latter womanlike or wifelike. While reading this remark, which contains view corroborated some times in scriptures and traditions, it should not be forgotten, that under Maiism, husband means the worshipper and wife the wholesale self-sacrificer. A Mai-ist should never harbour any idea of superiority or inferiority between the husband and wife, or the worshipped and worshipper.
619) Mahaish-varyaa महेश्वर्या - The great ruler. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 220
620) Maamsanisthaa मांसनिष्ठा - Presiding over flesh. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र , नाम क्रमांक 500
621) Maanikyamukutaakaara jaanudvayaviraajitaa
माणिक्यमुकुटाकारजानुद्वयविराजिता - Her knees shine like jewelled disks. These are like the pair of the frontal globes of the divine elephant.ललिता सहसनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 40
622) Maataa माता - Mother ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 457
Mother of all souls, of all mantras and all letters.
623) Maatrikaa-varna-roopini मातृकावर्णरूपिणी - In the form of the energy and influence which each letter bears by its phonetic power. Letters have been given their effects and colours under the science on the subject. For instance, sixteen vowels are smoke-coloured, thirteen letters Ka क to Da द ( as in the word daily) are red, nine letters Dha ध to Fha फ yellowish, further five letters are crimson, further five are gold-coloured and Ha ह and Ksha क्ष are of the colour of lightning. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 577
Vowels represent Shakti शक्ती , consonants are Shiva शिव , The relation of these letters around Mother in the Shree Chakra श्रीचक्र is referred elsewhere.
624) Maadhvi-paanaa-lasaa माध्वीपानालसा -Languid as if drunk. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र , नाम क्रमांक 575
The Lotus in Mother's hand is there because in the highest stage of love between Mother and son, Mother does not get Herself pleased without worshipping the devotee with the lotus in Her hand.
625) Maanavati मानवती -High minded.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 930
With the highest elevated mind, regard for Her devotees and express manifestations indicating Her forgiveness of all sins, rising above all weighing as to the worthiness and doings of the devotees in one balance against Her Grace in the other, She enables Her devotees to be more and more worthy.